Understand and honour the preference of self and others
- describe and understand personality profile
- use this knowledge to better manage self and others
- improve resilience and emotional intelligence
The MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) instrument provides a framework to describe and understand your personality profile. It is based on the work of Carl Jung, expanded and developed by Isabel Briggs Myers and Katharine Briggs.
The MBTI assessment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Team development—helps ease communication among team members, identify team strengths and weaknesses, and create action plans for improved performance
- Leadership development—deepens leaders’ understanding of their personality type and the types of those they are leading to help them manage better, give more meaningful feedback, and improve individual and team performance
- Conflict management—improves skills in identifying sources of conflict and intervening early to prevent underperformance, disruption, and disengagement
- Stress management—builds resilience, increases productivity, and offers strategies for identifying and managing stress triggers
- Career transition and planning—helps guide individuals on career choice, development, and management
The MBTI framework describes behaviour through identifying an individual’s preference for one of two opposite ways of:
Gathering information: Sensing or Intuition
Making decisions: Thinking or Feeling
Relating to the outside world: Judging or Perceiving
The MBTI instrument assumes we experience one in each of the above pairs as more natural and comfortable and these are described as our preferences.
MBTI Assessment & Debrief workshops.
These workshops includes the MBTI detailed assessment plus two 2-hour debrief sessions, designed to assist with delving deeper into understanding of self and behaviour and how to use this knowledge moving forward.
Our Courageous Leaders programs use the MBTI instrument to assist our participants with understanding and honouring the preferences of both themselves and those around them.
We partner our individual clients to inspire people to be courageous leaders while achieving strong bottom line results and high levels of staff engagement for the business.
Practical and achievable solutions that build and sustain changed behaviours are created as we build relationships with clients that encourage each of us to:
- bring the whole person to the relationship
- share knowledge
- create a trusting and caring relationship
- accept self-accountability
- use and value creativity, intuition and inspiration.
We underpin these values with a great respect for the individual. We recognise each individual has a different way of thinking, communicating, reacting and is splashed with varying levels of emotional and intellectual intelligence.
Leaders are inspired into action by the 12 distinguishing attributes of our program:
- Business credibility
- Disciplined framework
- Intellectual rigour
- Power of reflection
- Focus on the whole person
- Flow and connectivity
- Focus on ideal self
- Action orientation
- Emotional intelligence
- Emotional and real connection
- Courage to unlock blind spots
We work closely with executives to design and deliver the kind of coaching program they want. Using extensive experience, expertise and capabilities we aim to challenge any executive we coach.